One of the most loathsome diseases in the world is asthma. It is a disease that affects the breathing process of those afflicted. It is an inflammatory disorder of the airways. The prime symptoms of asthma include Shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing and tightness of chest. The inflammation of the airways restricts the flow of air in and out of the lungs. This leaves the patient panting for breath.
Montelukast is a leukotriene receptor antagonist which is instrumental in treating asthma. Leukotrienes are a group of chemical which occur naturally. These are known to aggravate inflammation in asthma and other allergic diseases, like a runny or stuffy nose. Inflammations are caused by cells which are released and then bound to others. Montelukast blocks the binding of the leukotrienes to the cells and cease the inflammation. This drug is available in the market in the form of granules, tablets and chewable tablets. The granules are made especially for children. These are dissolved in mother’s milk, formula milk or carrot juice and then poured in the child’s mouth. Though this is taken once daily, yet it is recommended to get a counsel from your doctor before using it. This was manufactured first by Merk co.
Why should you buy Montelukast?
Many would rightly apprehend about the usage of Montelukast. Some might even ponder that when an inhaler does the job, then what’s the need to buy Montelukast? The benefit lies in the fact that while inhalers help a patient to relieve after an asthma attack; Montelukast helps in preventing them.
The symptoms of asthma can be triggered from a lot of things. The basic factors that are known to aggravate asthma attacks are exposure to tobacco, emotional excitement or stress, dust, animal dander, food allergies, drugs etc. It has also been found out that asthma attacks can be triggered from things like irritants (external agents). These can be present in a wide range of things that we use daily. Floor cleaners, after shaves, perfumes, incense sticks. Antibiotics too can sometimes trigger asthma. Therefore it is advised to choose the right product if you are an asthma patient.
An asthma patient should be aware of a few chemicals that are known to exasperate the effect of asthma. These chemicals are listed below:
1) Triclosan – Found mainly in anti bacterial soaps, hand sanitizers and other scented soaps that are commonly used in households.
2) Parabens – These are emollient which are found in abundance in cosmetic products like Eye shadows, mascaras and moisturizers.
3) UV filters – UV filters are good in protecting your skin, but asthmatic patients run a risk in using them. They might cause trouble in breathing.
4) Cyclosiloxanes – These chemicals too are found in sunscreens. They are also to be found in shampoos.
5) Alkylphenols – Detergents are a prime source o this chemical. The ones used in dryer sheets are concerning.
6) Phthalates – These chemicals are found mainly in plastic bottles and shower curtains.
7) Glycol Ethers and Ethanolamines – Cleaning products and cosmetics are made with these chemicals.